Today we celebrated Katelyn's first Thanksgiving with our family. Even though Ron and I were given the green light to start Katelyn on baby food two weeks ago, I wanted to wait until today so it would be even more special. We decided after Katelyn was born that we wanted to make our own baby food. I know some of you are thinking we are crazy, but the babycook machine we bought makes it super simple. So today we made homemade sweet potato baby food.
As you can see, Katelyn was a little skeptical about the whole situation at first.
But after the first bite went in.... she grabbed the spoon out of my hand every time and fed herself! Look mom.....no hands. Yes that is the spoon hanging out of the side of her mouth.
Needless to say, I don't think we are going to have a hard time making our daughter eat her veggies.
This was her look of, "you know mom, you were right....that was pretty darn good."
These are a few pictures of Katelyn in her Happy Turkey Day onesie and tutu.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment